This is a great day. Developers and others that have a MSDN or TechNet subscription will today get access to the final version of Windows 8.1 and all, with or without subscription, will get the possibility to download Visual Studio 2013 RC. The final version of Visual Studio 2013 will be released on October 18.
What’s new in Visual Studio 2013 RC?
- Office 365 Cloud Business Apps
- Work Item Charting – Create charts to visualize data
- Web Development – SignalR 2, MVC5 and Web API 2 platforms and much more
- Peek Definition – now you can edit the code in the peek window.
- CodeLens – more information is displayed.
You don’t need Windows 8.1 to install and run Visual Studio 2013 RC. The following operating systems are supported:
- Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
Note: Windows Store app development requires Windows 8.1 RTM, which is available to MSDN and TechNet subscribers. Visual Studio 2013 RC does not support Windows 8.1 Preview or Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview. For more information, see system requirements and platform compatibility.
- Please reference Soma’s blog for the primary announcement on these topics:
- Download Visual Studio 2013 RC
- Save the date for Visual Studio 2013 Launch on Nov 13th