This Jump Start takes you through every aspect of developing games for Windows 8, from figuring out your audience to getting them to pay for your product. It includes demos and lots of tips on using gaming tools such as Construct2 by Scirra, GameMaker by YoYo Games, and Unity. Learn it all from three Microsoft Technical Evangelists with a passion for the technology: Jeremy Foster, Michael Palermo, and Adam Tuliper.
– Planning your game: define your audience, market and technologies
– Game assets: images, models, and audio
– Construct2 by Scirra: a game engine creating elegant UI
– GameMaker by YoYo Games: game-making power at your fingertips
– Unity: 3D games on multiple platforms
– Monetization and Store submission: the payoff